Sunday 19 July 2015

Odd Bird




This is my latest piece for the That's Craft DT its a journal spread.  

Materials
Gesso
That's Crafty Dinky Stencil – Abstract Bird
DeeocArt Modelling Paste
Palette Knife
DecoArt MEddia Fluid Acrylics – Cobalt Teal, Titanium White, Cobalt Turquoise, Magenta, Quinacridone Gold and Carbon Black
Paint Brush
Glaze
Stampendous “Marks” stamps
Arcival Inkpad Black
DecoArt Metallic Lustre – Brilliant Turquoise
Wood Birds from stash
Ranger Dabber Pearl
DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze
Text stickers from stash


I started with a coat of gesso and when dry added DecoArt Modelling Paste through the Abstract Bird stencil with a palette knife in 2 places and allowed to dry. 

My base coat is DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in Cobalt Teal and Titanium White, I dipped the brush alternatively in the Cobalt Teal and White to get a finish that was not too even and smooth in colour.  I added touches of the Cobalt Turquoise to get some more depth and shadow.  

I mixed equal parts Glaze and Quinacridone Gold paint and covered the pages

 I left it for about 1 minute and then wiped over with a bay wipe which left smears of rusty gold in nooks and crannies.  

Next step was stamping the Stampendous “Marks” stamps randomy in Archival Black Ink.  And then I finger painted some smooshes of Magenta around the edges and added a touch of the Metallic Lustre to the Abstract Bird texture. .

I took 3 wood birds from my stash and painted them in the Pearl Dabber then added the DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze.  When dry I added another coat of pearl for texture and adhered the birds to and my text stickers to my pages. 

1 comment:

  1. Love how the white pops! Gorgeous layers and details xx

    ReplyDelete